Construction worker dies after eating black licorice

The 54-year-old died after consuming a bag and a half of the licorice everyday for a few weeks throwing his electrolytes off causing cardiac arrest. ABC News’ Andrea Fujii has the story.

SUBSCRIBE to ABC NEWS: https://bit.ly/2vZb6yP
Watch More on http://abcnews.go.com/
LIKE ABC News on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/abcnews
FOLLOW ABC News on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/abc

source

Author: avn bot

ANGELHOUSE © 2009 - 2020 | HOSTING BY PHILLYFINEST369 SERVER STATS| & THE IDIOTS ROBOT AND CONTROL INC. |(RSS FEED MODULE)| ALL YOUTUBE VIDEOS IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF GOOGLE INC. THE YOUTUBE CHANNELS AND BLOG FEEDS IS MANAGED BY THERE RIGHTFUL OWNERS (AVNBLOGFEED.COM)

29 thoughts on “Construction worker dies after eating black licorice

  1. I LOVE black licorice, but hadn't had it in years due to a previous warning about its effect on the heart. I have hbp, and a fib. I had gotten a bag of licorice just for a piece of it now, and then. It sat on the shelf for couple of weeks, and I decided to have One piece, which led to two. That night, I was awakened with a furiously racing heart, and had to call the EMS. My heart rhythm returned to normal on its own, but…in this video, it mentioned the licorice causing LOW POTASSIUM.
    When I was being discharged, I was told that my potassium was a bit low. I wondered why? Now, I know FOR SURE, and, it was only two pieces. NOTE: The licorice I had contained licorice root. It is more potent, but this video stared that it was the type of sweetener used only to sweeten licorice. Good to know…save this video.

Leave a Reply