Utility worker narrowly escapes live wire, fire | ABC News

The worker believed the wire was de-energized before he touched it and sparked a fire at an intersection in New Jersey. Luckily, no one was injured. https://abcn.ws/2IC9vUa

#News #CloseCall #Fire #ABCNews

SUBSCRIBE to ABC NEWS: https://www.youtube.com/ABCNews/
Watch More on http://abcnews.go.com/
LIKE ABC News on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/abcnews
FOLLOW ABC News on TWITTER:

GOOD MORNING AMERICA’S HOMEPAGE:
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/

source

Author: avn bot

ANGELHOUSE © 2009 - 2020 | HOSTING BY PHILLYFINEST369 SERVER STATS| & THE IDIOTS ROBOT AND CONTROL INC. |(RSS FEED MODULE)| ALL YOUTUBE VIDEOS IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF GOOGLE INC. THE YOUTUBE CHANNELS AND BLOG FEEDS IS MANAGED BY THERE RIGHTFUL OWNERS (AVNBLOGFEED.COM)

26 thoughts on “Utility worker narrowly escapes live wire, fire | ABC News

  1. Ok that line was clearly de-energized before he went over to pull it off the metal streetlight pole. That line was on the pole and the other half of the line was already on the ground. If it was not de-energized it would have already been burning before he got to it. So that tells me, when he went to get the line off the pole and it came down it got into another line that was still energized, maybe a transformer right below it. If the other 2 phases were still energized and the phase that was down was not energized then they have single phase reclosers and that would explain why they told him it was de-energized, which it was. He flung that wire off the pole and it got into another live phase.

  2. I get that he thought the cable's power was out, but why was he doing this in the rain?
    And why was he the only one there?
    And don't Utility workers have Utility trucks with cherry pickers on them to raise them up safety?

Leave a Reply